Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-14-08, 11:55 PM   #14
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay guys, here's the deal:

a) The mod that is hosted on this site states that it does X. It does do X. It isn't gimped in any way;
b) There is nothing in the file description on the site that says that this mod is "for pay" or anything else;
c) It doesn't pop up any sort of nag in-game

The ONLY thing that this mod has is a simple line in a read-me file that you have to deliberately and manually check that tells you that they have *additional* files available which are "for pay".

It does absolutely nothing that violates any of Blizzard's rules, rules of this site or breaks any law. If it did, we wouldn't allow it. You guys know us well enough by now to know that.

Whether people like the idea of "for pay" mods or not is a subject of much heated debate and opinion,. There is just as much debate about authors that have donation buttons on their download description pages/in their read-me files. But the fact is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

The author of Carbonite Quest has as much right to use this site for the distribution of his free mods as anyone else does.

Tweeker, I'm sorry to see you go and I wish you would reconsider, but we have honoured your request and removed your mods from the site.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti