Thread: Carbonite Quest
View Single Post
02-15-08, 06:50 AM   #15
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just want to add my humble opinion about this topic as I believe in the power of democracy and the simple philosophy of economic supply and demand. What I mean by that is that if an author posts a mod for free but has other parts of it which he/she wishes to charge for, there would be no reason for him/her to do this and spend the time on it in the future if nobody buys it. The incentive in marketing strategy is lost if it doesn't work... let's just practice the simple laws of common sense and let the democratic principles we all believe in do their job. Most mods already have an option to acquire info as to how to make donations to it's respective author and this is really no different imo. If you don't like a product... don't buy it. If you don't like a mod or practices of it's respective author... just don't download it. The rest will take care of itself.

Tweeker I understand how you feel but wish you'd reconsider... we can make a stand as a community and work together to see that this practice doesn't continue if the majority doesn't wish it to.