View Single Post
09-28-07, 12:49 AM   #17
Detritis
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DUF:
I have not replaced the old version of DUF with the new 2.2PTR version in this patch. The reason is that I would occasionally experience some problems when I would /mazzify with the new version of DUF. The old version works just fine, it just gives some FrameXML errors. They can be resolved with the new version of DUF, installation instructions found here. Just understand that if you install the new version of DUF at this time you may experience problems when you /mazzify.
Hi Meio, I have fixed my version of DUF and am not getting any FrameXML errors at all, which errors are you still getting, I might be able to help.

The other thing about updating DUF to the latest version is that they changed 1 variable, which has already been mentioned and a fix is floating around, however whenever someone Mazzlfy's it is simply gonna revert to the original variable and the fix applied will have to be done again each time unless of course someone is willing to edit all the DUF settings with Mazzle to use the new variable instead.

Looking at the code for the new DUF, not a lot was changed anyway, an option for casting bars was added which Mazzle doesnt use anyway, the 'Looking at Unknown' error is still in the new version, it breaks the unit name showing and it seems Mazzle added a few of his own tweaks to DUF anyway.

IMO I dont think it is worth updating to the new DUF for so little gain and the added headache of the broken variable.