View Single Post
09-13-08, 06:22 AM   #10
Hhoky
A Fallenroot Satyr

I don't really have a major opinion either way. I can see the point that it would be at least harassment and at worst a camp fiesta to have geared players transfer only to gank lowbies when they never have had to be a gankie. But then I guess if your coming from a PvE server with no player base for PvP (Bg's etc) and after months, if not longer, of developing your character (cuz yea, some of us get attached :P ) and you decide you want to try something different, then why not be allowed to.
Sure its gonna get abused, but one thing that's as true in WoW as in real life....for everything that can be abused, there is a person out there willing to abuse it.
I am wondering though, with the onslaught of accounts getting hacked lately, and a lot of the victims finding themselves on the short end of an unwanted one way only realm transfer, on top of the rest of the violaton of the hack....maybe allowing transfers is Blizz way of creating a programming code history for the easy restoration of hacked and moved characters. Or maybe Blizz is trying to make it less desirable for hackers to do in the first place? Or maybe they are just trying to give players what they have been asking for for a while now on the WoW Forums. Or heck....maybe Blizz decided to announce something to get peoples minds of Wrath?
Or...and I think this one could be very likely...The creators decided to allow transfers because they were all at a party and after too many hours in the hot tub munching on nacho's and downing margarita's someone cracked out a magic 8ball...and so it had to be done..you cant deny the magic 8ball.*laugh*