View Single Post
08-15-12, 09:13 PM   #33
Elv22
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yo

Hey all, I found this after doing about 5 minutes of searching online. I thought it was truly hilarious. I'm guessing this is a letter he wrote the author of "GearScoreBreaker". An addon designed back in the day to prevent gearscore from returning correct values on your personal gear.

Dear "gearscorebreaker"

We are the proprietors of all copyright in a literary/artistic/musical work entitled "GearScore" (The "Work"). We have reserved all rights in the Work, which was first expressed in material form on January 16, 2009.

It has come to our attention that your work entitled "GearScoreBreaker" is identical/substantially similar to our copyrighted Work. Permission was neither asked nor granted to reproduce our Work and your Work therefore constitutes infringement of our rights. In terms of the Copyright Statutes, we are entitled to an injunction against your continued infringement.

In the circumstances, we demand that you immediately:

1. remove all infringing content and notify us in writing that you have done so;

2. pay a licensing fee in the amount of $2,250 / year;

3. immediately cease the use and distribution of copyrighted material;

I await to hear from you by no later than close of business on December 9th, 2009.
This is written without prejudice to our rights, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Yours faithfully,
Kevin C. Foster
Arxkanite / Mirrikat45
[email protected]
http://www.GearScoreAddon.com
So this guy thinks its ok to steal other peoples work unless someone steals his own work?