View Single Post
11-19-12, 03:55 PM   #10
felvinn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I might take a look at fixing the one Cairenn posted. It already has all the specifications I listed including multiplayer capabilities.

If I were to make my own game, it would be multiplayer only. AI programming isn't one of my strong points. I have ideas on how the internal data would be stored and the communication protocol design. There are also other things to consider like network lag, anti-cheat validation on the communication protocol, supporting game savestates in case of a game that is to be continued later, etc.

There are also special rules to consider, such as what to do when a pawn is to be promoted? Allow the player to choose a rank at random or should we store what pieces have been captured and offer a swap for one of those pieces? I personally would like to implement the swap rule as in regular Chess, you have a physical limitation of how many of each piece a game has. I think it would be game-breaking if someone was allowed to have 9 queens.
Can you PM me or write your skype adress? I would like to get in touch with you.