Thread: Help with UI..
View Single Post
05-15-08, 12:54 PM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
The textures should be in there somewhere though i havent downloaded the files personally so couldnt say where. Look for a panel style mod like eepanels, kgpanels and so on and more than likely the textures will be in there.

Easy enough to just download the .zip then take when you need and can the rest.
The only textures Discord Art, eePanels2 and kgPanels will have access to intially are the default Blizzard ones (Tooltip, DialogFrame, plus the backgrounds). Other textures will have to be added either via SharedMedia or importing them. kgPanels and Discord Art have a feature were you can add art to a "gallery".

To import other textures/art either add them to SharedMedia via MyMedia (instructions are in the SharedMedia folder) or create a folder (I keep mine in an folder called MyM_UI) in your Interface folder, then in Discord Artm eePanels or kgPanels enter the path to the art (in my case its Interface\MyM_UI\art.tga).

As far as other textures are concerned, you can mine other UIs (I have borrowed some from Caith UI and Tapestry UI) inlcuding old Discord layouts. Or create your own. Just remember, the size (HxW) MUST be in a power of 2 (16,32,64,128,256,512). An example would be 64x64 (the default size of most buttons) or 128x32. The other thing is your images must be in a .tga (w/ an alpha channel) or .blp format. If you elect to use TGA, The GIMP will produce WoW friendly TGAs using the default settings. To use BLPs, you will need to convert your image using a comverter, I use BLP2PNG as I tend to work mostly with PNGs.