View Single Post
07-30-16, 02:40 PM   #31
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Mordralis View Post
Hey guys, I hate to be a PITA about this, but I don't know if it's something I'm doing, not doing, or just plain screwing up on.

I've downloaded the latest file from Github and unzipped it in the addon directory. I even removed all Carbonite files and reinstalled it. I even went as far as to do the repair of deleting the WTF, Interface & Cache files.

I've unchecked all addons and do them one at a time, logging in after each one. My FPS is 110 to 120 each time.

Yet, when I load Carbonite, my FPS drops to 2-3, and it's so lag/jerky that it's unbearable!

The strangest part about all this is that it ONLY happens when I am in my garrison. Once I leave my garrison, it clears up. Everyplace else is good - Ashran, Lions Den, SW, Dal, IF, Shatt. ONLY garrison is impacted.

If it weren't for the fact of trying to herb & mine, I would just set my hearth to Ashran. But in doing that I miss out on several things offered only by my garrison.

Can someone out there please help me?
Everyone with and without Carbonite experiences steep drops in FPS in their garrisons now and then. For me, when that happens, I just exit the game and log back in which sometimes improves my fps. Reloading or logging off and back on can help with many issues related to addon or Blizz issues. It goes back to an old tech support question usually asked first, "Did you turn it off and then back on again?". It's interesting how even in this day that first step in troubleshooting computer issues can still solve or confirm problems with hardware, software, and in some cases operator error problems.

Also, since Blizzard changed the way they render graphics including adding more setting levels, it would be a good idea to check yours and try lowering some of your settings below recommended settings. With my laptop that I continue to disparage for its inadequate specs, doing that helped me a lot giving me as high fps as 15 in my garrison. On average I get 7 fps in my garrison and better everywhere else. A good tip when loading into your garrison after logon or hearthing is to wait (at least 10-15 secs) for everything to load before doing anything.

Finally, I am confident that your posts in this and other threads complaining about the same issue over and over has made it abundantly clear that you have an issue that you blame on Carbonite. Some of us have even replied, giving you tried and true advice for improving your fps. So I would suggest you now sit back and wait to see if a future update from Blizz or Carbonite might improve your fps issues on your system. Good luck, and I hope you eventually get your problem fixed.