View Single Post
08-03-16, 09:37 AM   #34
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Exclamation Please Read In Entirety BEFORE Any Responses

Originally Posted by JWMcQuire View Post
Everyone with and without Carbonite experiences steep drops in FPS in their garrisons now and then. For me, when that happens, I just exit the game and log back in which sometimes improves my fps. Reloading or logging off and back on can help with many issues related to addon or Blizz issues. It goes back to an old tech support question usually asked first, "Did you turn it off and then back on again?". It's interesting how even in this day that first step in troubleshooting computer issues can still solve or confirm problems with hardware, software, and in some cases operator error problems.

Also, since Blizzard changed the way they render graphics including adding more setting levels, it would be a good idea to check yours and try lowering some of your settings below recommended settings. With my laptop that I continue to disparage for its inadequate specs, doing that helped me a lot giving me as high fps as 15 in my garrison. On average I get 7 fps in my garrison and better everywhere else. A good tip when loading into your garrison after logon or hearthing is to wait (at least 10-15 secs) for everything to load before doing anything.

Finally, I am confident that your posts in this and other threads complaining about the same issue over and over has made it abundantly clear that you have an issue that you blame on Carbonite. Some of us have even replied, giving you tried and true advice for improving your fps. So I would suggest you now sit back and wait to see if a future update from Blizz or Carbonite might improve your fps issues on your system. Good luck, and I hope you eventually get your problem fixed.
Yeah, that's my only option at the moment. I keep trying to explain the issue and no one seems to understand. I've been playing WoW for more than 7 years, and know that with each expansion and major patch update there is always lags in major cities. I also know about reloading, as well as the repair tool.

One thing that everyone seems to overlook is that this ONLY happens in the garrison...Now Ashran, SW, IF, DAL or anyplace else, JUST the garrison. Once I leave the garrison area, everything is great and my FPS bumps up to 140+/-. Everyone also seems to overlook that I have removed ALL addys, then loading one at a time, and logging in after the one is loaded, and check the FPS, then log out and load another, rinse/repeat. I have even gone as far as to REMOVE all addys completely, reinstalling each one at a time, checking for lag, then install another, rinse/repeat. In all cases, everything is fine until I load Carbonite, and again, only when I am in my garrison. I've checked all my system and video settings, and although they are recommended as the highest level for my system, I set most of them to one level lower, a couple that are more intensive to 2 levels lower. Although my system (desktop PC, not Mac or laptop) is not an extreme gaming system, it is very high end. I keep all drivers updated and clean junk & malware regularly. So I don't see how this could be anything except a Carbonite issue.

I'm not trying to PO anyone, and it was only because I wanted to report a possible issue to help others that I even reported it. While I do appreciate those who gave advice and tried to help, I just wish that someone would read the entire issue and my attempts at resolution before making suggestions I have already tried and making me out to know know what I'm talking about.

I don't expect Rythal to jump at every little issue, and know that he has a life beyond the exceptional work that he has done since taking ownership of Carbonite. I just ask for anticipated resolution ETAs, and report issues that no o.ne else has reported.

I'll sit back and wait for Legion to pop and see if the problem resolves itself or still is confined to garrisons, which will no longer be used. I waited and used alternatives for over a year in MoP for Carbonite updates, so I can wait again if need be.

Thanks