View Single Post
08-04-09, 05:24 PM   #6
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by RichM View Post
Care to spell out what you you like better about Pitbull4 over x-perl?
Well it allows me to totally customize my unitframes. Every aspect which x-perl does not (and it's not really suppose to, that's X-perls point is to work out of the box).
X-perl is a great UI and I like it very much still and recommend it to my friends who play but don't care about indepth UI customization.
Pitbull4 also is probably the most easy of the Pitbull UFs to configure too. It's very nice.
Switching to it also cut my load times by about a 3rd too.

Originally Posted by Gsusnme View Post
... it simplifies PitBulls old (3 and below) customization system so you no longer need a degree.
Exactly, well said. The old pitbulls (1 and 2, never bothered with 3) had config menus that were ridiculously convoluted and many many panes deep in some cases.
oUF was a choice for a while but most of the decent layouts are stuck in Lua editing hell that for some reason many people love (I think so they don't have to write a Gui config for it. ) but I can't make head nor tails out of. To each their own for sure but Pitbull4 does it for me.

P.S. Goodbye cartographer, I loved you very much but you are now neglected and forgotten (And I hope you take Rock with you into hell). Hello Mapster/Tomtom!

Last edited by Syxx : 08-04-09 at 05:42 PM. Reason: silliness, yes... it happens.