Thread: Carbonite 5.04
View Single Post
09-10-12, 05:11 PM   #363
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
ill 2nd that, if your gonna put your stuff out there, acquire tons of faithful followers, i would think its an obligation to maintain and update your product. especially working with/ or through curse. we as players- who pay damn good money to play arent really asking for much, just stuff that works. so what im saying is, if they have other and/or more important things going on, go do them. quit halfassing us around. rythal, who is a player, also has a real job, still took the time to fix their ****, even with his real life stuff happening and not expecting anything in return- except maybe alittle acknowledgement and thanks. from what ive been reading- all the work hes put into this, is very very unselfish. as far as im conserned the DEVS and curse and blizz should take a good look at him and raise the bar for their employees, because rythal has put them all in check. Rythal, my brother, if your ever in Zul`jin look me up. Móurnblade. you are top notch dude and i would be honored to run some PVP with ya. peace
This. So very much this.

I seriously was poised to donate once the official Carbonite came back out, but since (a) 5.041 is a buggy mess compared to the unofficial 5.004007, and (b) the Devs' attitude to the fan update is really *not* positive, when IMHO they should have thanked Rythal and possibly worked off his version for the next new version (since Rythal's version, you know, *works*).... I'm holding off my donation for now.

I understand the devs have their own lives and tasks, but when someone else puts functional bandaids on their product, and their response is to basically violently rip off said bandaids and put their *own* bandaids on only a few of the re-opened sores in the name of "it's ours, and Rythal shouldn't have touched it"...yeah, that's not exactly fostering good relations with the end users.

Fact of the matter is, a fan took it upon himself to update it *for now* so we'd have something that works. That fact can't be undone, and mark my words, other fans are circulating Rythal's latest version even now, despite Rythal no longer doing the same. That genie's not going back in the bottle.

The smart thing to do would be to take Rythal's update, and work out the remaining bugs from there, not ignore it simply because he's not part of CBC. That just smacks of elitism and selfishness.

What is needed, is for CBC to add Rythal as a dev. Rythal has the time, dedication, and is still an active player. The solution now, just seems obvious.