Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-18-12, 11:56 AM   #109
Drencarnate
A Murloc Raider
Agreed

Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
Good questions Mammonmachine - Fataal has said he plans on keeping the addon up and running (and will let the community know if/when they discontinue it. As to if that means all the bugs will be fixed and maintained quickly, we don't know.

As to taking on another person and having them help fix and maintain the code, my guess is that they are not willing/able to do that at this time - many people have requested or offered their service in the past and they have not taken them up on it.

Hopefully that will help some of your questions until such a time as Carbonite responds. I believe they may be more active during the weekend if they have time.

@Shadow - when someone creates something just as good or better than Carbonite, or the authors tell us they are no longer updating or having anyone else update Carbonite - that is when Carbonite will die. I hope Rythal is able to create something better than Carbonite, but all I/we can do is wait and see. Everything else has been beaten to death, no need to reiterate it all over again.
It' very clear schizophrena has been proven wrong multiple times in this illuminating thread. No need to re-reiterate the reiteration we see reiterated above. /end ironic sarcasm