View Single Post
10-06-12, 05:53 PM   #52
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by kaerwyn-k View Post
I have a question and I was not able to find an answer reading through this thread. I have install Rythal's newest release of Carbonite (thank you for that, by the way). I have enabled track herbs, on both the WoW minimap and the show herb locations on the carbonite section of the map, and yet the places where nodes used to show up on Carbonite's map are no longer showing. Is this feature gone, or is there a way I do not know about to enable them? (Importing carbonite nodes via the guide section in the options just says none can be found).

Thanks,
Heather
Two things: One is that you might not be in an area where Carbonite even HAS any nodes to import (like the new Pandaren starting area, although that shouldn't stop the nodes import). The other is what follows.

Please make sure your installation of Carbonite is up-to-date. The latest version of Carbonite is available HERE. Please, be aware that the latest release contains ONLY the main Carbonite folder. If you either deleted your entire Carbonite installation (that would be the four folders: Carbonite, CarboniteItems, CarboniteNodes, CarboniteTransfer) before updating, or you have a new installation of Carbonite using the latest Carbonite download (which doesn't contain the other folders), that's why it can't find the nodes to import.

PLEASE EXIT WoW COMPLETELY BACK TO YOUR DESKTOP BEFORE DOING WHAT IS SUGGESTED NEXT

On the Carbonite information page here on WoWI (the one you get to from the link I posted) go to the "Other Filer" tab, and download / install the "5.041" version under the "Archived Files (21)" subheading. It's the first one (currently) under that heading. Then you can go to your "Interface\AddOns" folder, delete ONLY the main Carbonite folder, then install the latest release from the Carbonite information page here on WoWI.

That should get you your nodes back to import. I know I imported the nodes on a new character the other day, and had no problems doing it, so this was all I could think might be wrong.

EDIT: The latest download for Carbonite (5.052) contains all of the folders again. So, please disregard this post. Sorry./EDIT

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-08-12 at 10:39 AM.