Thread: oUF performance
View Single Post
09-28-18, 05:58 AM   #10
lightspark
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by zork View Post
What do you mean by that?

For me fully disabling the Blizzard addons Blizzard_CUFProfiles and Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames is the way to go since I have my own raid manager frame for world markers and such.

They can be reenabled quite easily too. Why the hassle?
Yeah, no...

Technically, disabling those two addons is enough, but only if you keep them enabled by default AND you provide an option to toggle them via in-game config, so your addon's users do it themselves. That's what Grid2 does.

But in general almost all major UF addons abandoned this approach. For instance, SUF and ElvUI simply disable and hide frames on the fly w/o disabling those two addons.

Some addons, e.g., VuhDo and Grid, do nothing at all, it's up to users to figure out how to disable Blizz raid frames via tutorials and whatnot.

It's not that easy for your average addon user to reenable them, if it actually was, there wouldn't be numerous threads on this topic.

Actually, the more I think about this issue, the less I want to add this raid disabler to oUF. But overall, only SUF/ElvUI approach is good for oUF, because oUF shouldn't leave any traces and affect the UI after it's fully disabled.

Last edited by lightspark : 09-28-18 at 06:10 AM.