Thread: Ion Alpha
View Single Post
08-31-12, 02:11 PM   #6
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Unfortunately, I'm stuck using Bartender for now, as Ion isn't really usable for me in its current state, with no support for custom state definitions, dual spec swapping, or even different bar layouts/keybindings for different characters. The loss of Macaroon_Bound is pretty painful, too. I couldn't find an up-to-date direct-binding addon for spells/macros, so I've had to resort to filling up a Lua file with class checks and tons of SetOverrideBinding lines.

Ion's completion is probably the most-anticipated addon event of my life.
I plan to get the custom stuff in very soon. Since the plan is to introduce custom visibility, I wanted to get the GUI for visibility done first before I got the custom action states working.

The layouts and profiles really need to wait until I can get the whole bar group feature established and solid. Bar groups are essentially what Macaroon did natively with unique buttons in each state, but with the approach of Ion I took (simple if you want it simple), I have to build up to that functionality, which has been a complex process.

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]