View Single Post
09-23-16, 05:12 AM   #5
Kagura
A Fallenroot Satyr
Actually, the compiler itself is written in javascript and produces readable lua code. I had a very well performing ui written in lua before and this is actually at least as fast since the produced code resembles the final code very closely.

With this I can test different class implementations really easy by changing this in the compile step. My eventual goal is writing the same UI in a more readable way writing less code. I am 100% confident it will be as performant as anything out there if not even better since I can do some optimizations on compiler level automatically without my UI code becoming unreadable.

My only problem right now is for loops concerning addressing lua tables (array indexes starting with 1 instead of 0 is the only thing that's hard to guess).

I had a mindset of doing UI components like React does, but after playing another couple of hours with different implementations, I have the start of something that looks really promising. I might be nerding out about this, but I am going to continue on this path and publish a sample addon even if it's only for scientific purposes.