View Single Post
01-22-07, 12:03 PM   #274
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lindalas
First I decided that I wanted three groups: tanks, healers and dps (I know not all druids and pallys are healers but call that a simplification on my part). I therefore created three different raid frames and had all of them showing. The problem is obviously that the three frames are not aware of each other and therefore are not lining up or responding to chances in the the other groups. How do others deal with this?
I just manually move the frames right now, but I'd like to fix it in the future, so they can anchor to each other. Unfortunately that will be a while off.

Another thing I was considering is my regular, one group per class, setup. To avoid the problem above I simply used one big group for everyone and sorted on class. The problem with this approach is that I don't get headers for each class (and have to learn which color is which... not impossible but perhaps not ideal).

So, one suggestion... when you sort by xxx, allow an option to insert subtitles for each of the xxx (class/group). Overall I like the mod and am looking forward to hearing how others are using it.
Unfortunately, I cannot add these when you do multiple groups together.. there just isn't an option to do it. I'd have to manually create X frames with each group, and anchor those, and with that.. PerfectRaid never would have been finishing (I don't like that as a solution either)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."