View Single Post
07-10-09, 04:46 PM   #9
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ahh so thats how you use the fetch bit. ill have to do that then and see how it goes.

As for registering the event in both panels i recall it being mentioned on the sample scripts page though i may have misread it. I just went to look abnd the page is throwing an error at the moment so ill edit later once i can access the page.

As far as putting the scripts in the panel with the higher number when ever i use the script to find a frame and get the numbers then do a /reloadui the numbers kept changing. Example being the 10 man panel listed as panel 1 initially then after reload it was panel 3. To be fair i havent updated kgpanels in forever since ive never had an issue so ill try that first.

Thanks again for the assist. Learning little by little hehe.

EDIT: Finally got the page of the sample scripts to load, this is a direct quote:

Adjusting Panels based on Raid or 5 Main party

In each Panel set the OnLoad script

self:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_ENTERING_WORLD")
self:RegisterEvent("PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED")
self:RegisterEvent("RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE")

Then in each Panel OnEvent script:

local pmems = GetNumPartyMembers()
local rmems = GetNumRaidMembers()
if (pmems < 1 and rmems < 1) or (pmems > 0 and pmems < 6 and rmems < 6) then
self:Hide()
else
self:Show()
end
Obviously there are slight differences in the actual script but the general idea is the same. you'll also note it does mention putting it in each panel. though i agree if i can do it in one panel (perhaps one that isnt going to be hidden at all if possible) makes it easier to fix later.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

Last edited by MidgetMage55 : 07-10-09 at 04:49 PM. Reason: update