View Single Post
08-04-14, 05:17 PM   #1
Bringer
A Fallenroot Satyr

Blizzards InterfaceOptions framework issues

While working on simple test code to verify the Boolean changes with version 6 World of Warcraft I stumbled upon a problem with InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToCategory(panel)

The code is just some quick and dirty that looks at how the running client version handles 0 | false | nil and 1 | true in logic structures and in Button check | select widgets.

What I found was if I included the above or even just InterfaceOptionsFrame:Show(); from within my addon code the default blizzard options got reset to default states. I believe the states are not being retrieve from the server, but I don't know since I wasn't even looking at the game options. This has been tested on 5.4.8 and current WoD beta.

I've looked at a number of other addons that are able to open the InterfaceOptionsFrame from addon without issue, but I can't figure out what they are doing that I missed.

I have searched here and via google and have scanned the current live version of FrameXML\GameMenuFrame (xml&lua) and InterfaceOptionsFrame (xlm&lua) without having the clue hammer hitting me.

The toc.. since that type can't be attached.

## Interface: 60000
## Version: 1
## X-SubVersion: AWod
## Title: Truth2

truth2.lua

Note: I commented out the offending calls (located at the bottom of file) so someone not prepared wouldn't find all there game options reset.
Attached Files
File Type: lua truth2.lua (8.7 KB, 139 views)