View Single Post
09-07-06, 07:04 AM   #3
Azareus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I really like to talk to smart people, and that's the reason I wrote here

Originally Posted by Zeksie
More likely, the biggest problems you have are data gatherers. The timings don't necessarily have any noticable change when you first install them, so everything appears fine. But, over time, as they collect data, their performance degrades.

Notable data gatherers would be LootLink, Gatherer, MobInfo, Auctioneer. Things like that. Anything that stores a large amount of data that you can reference later. It has to be stored in the active UI memory.
Interesting.

By the way, I forgot the say that AS SOON AS I start the game, my latency is really good: somewhere around 25 ms. It's after a couple of seconds (maybe 1 minute) that it raises to unbelievable levels)

About data gatherers... I almost disabled all of them. Now I just have Gatherer and Auctioneer (both two with data collected in 9 months, more or less); I know that Gatherer is a mess, because it updates the minimap with icons, in real-time, but I didn't realize that Auctioneer could impact performance (if, of course, I don't mouse-over an item or something like that). Even if I do NOTHING, after the login, my latency goes up.

If you have a genuine problem with button mods, it could be because of the OnUpdate procedure which is performed per button, per frame. So if you are displaying 50 buttons, and are getting 50 fps, that's 2500 calls to 1 function per second.

Yep, and that's a problem, I know.

Maybe CT_BarMod and CT_BottomBar don't like my OmniCC for the cooldowns, etc etc...

We'll see

But thx for your answer