View Single Post
02-08-07, 12:26 PM   #9
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was actually also thinking that Blizzard should get you to make a super-nifty version of it that would be an alternate but still builtin UI.

Anyway, let me count the ways I love MazzleUI:

1) Not a resource hog. After using MirageUI (Insomniax) for a good 3 months, at a 20FPS framerate that I was pretty sure had more to do with being in Outland than anything else for the past month, I install Mazzle, and INSTANTLY I'm back to 30FPS. I think it has to do with the wonderful installer that only installs the stuff I actually need, unlike any other UI compilation I've used where I spend the first 5 or 10 hours turning things off.

2) The bottom-heavy UI looks great and keeps the screen extremely clean. I'm not one of those power players you see on some UI screenshots where there's about 1 square inch of actual game showing behind all the bars and stuff. I LOVE how everything is crammed so neatly, efficiently, and best of all, cleanly down near the bottom and sides.

3) There's a great sense of humor sprinkled in the Mazzifier, and I swear, if you remove the MAZZLEGASM trigger when you run it, I will personally hunt you down and stab you, because that's an awesome little feature. I guess this mod is more famous than I thought, because when I did it, someone whispered me right after, saying "Is it finally out of beta?" Keep it, it's a great way to get the word out.

4) I love its customizability that doesn't come at the expense of being overwhelming. Everything on that bottom bar is so modular that you don't have to screw around with the entire UI just to change one thing, and the great part is that I'm looking at some other Mazzle screenshots and I'm thinking "Hey... I want that for my setup!"

5) Your HUD is the only one that I've used (including the vaunted Drathal's HUD) that I haven't felt was way too big for its britches.

While I've had a couple gripes (took me a long while to figure out how to change key bindings, for instance), overall this UI is by far the best UI I've ever used. Gives me a great amount of information without making me feel like an uber-nerd or overwhelming me with it, keeps everything nice and clean, and keeps my computer from buckling under the pressure.

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome! I look forward to using Mazzle forever and ever!