View Single Post
10-31-09, 06:12 PM   #22
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Akryn View Post
I apologize, I was under the impression that you wanted to have a civil debate. Since I clearly misunderstood you, I must politely decline to participate further.
The point I was making is that I don't quite have as much faith in government to solve people's poor behavioral choices. I have a few thousand years backing my point. People are too thin-skinned to have any type of debate these days, civil or not. This thread is no different than real life. People seem to make a concentrated effort to find something that offends them. I'm not sure why that is, nor do I care.

PC kills constructive discussion. I didn't want to have any debate. I was only offering a few comments to help the guy who started this thread. I also stated that in order to escalate this topic, it would enter a political arena. That scares some people around here, so it's best to ignore any actual thinking and just stick to the light comments at the top of this thread.

It's impossible to have a debate when the floor is so heavily cluttered with eggshells.