Thread: MSN addon?
View Single Post
10-25-09, 05:59 PM   #19
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What are some of the communication tools available in the new Battle.net?

Our vision is for the new Battle.net to become the ultimate Blizzard Entertainment social network, in addition to its matchmaking foundation. Simply logging in to Battle.net will make it easy to find and chat with your friends across World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and future Blizzard Entertainment titles, including Diablo III. Keep track of all your buddies in your friends list, view their online status and presence information, voice chat, send out party invites, and broadcast messages to your friends. Detailed character profiles let players keep up to date on friends’ progress and achievements.
As long as I can block new messages from those who are not in my guild, party, or friends list... then I see no issues with this. Although personally, I don't want people messaging me in game. The only use I see for this (again this is me personally) is if I go LD and can't get back on then I can let someone in my group/raid know.