View Single Post
10-22-10, 02:19 PM   #20
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The story of def9 handle goes back to the original Street Fighter in the things we used to go to play games at. They were called arcades. Thats right us crazy gaming addicts back in the day used to gather in these places or corner convenience stores and play our favorite games.

While street fighter was by no means my first game played in an arcade, it is the first one outside of pinball were I felt a need to compete with friends and other gamers.

The reason I started using DEF was due to the insane number of people that actually just hit AAA or put their real initials. A friend started putting ABC to save time and so we could see his ranking hence I had the ingenious idea of using DEF. This went on for years including other games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct.

Well then the world wide web was born and games like Command and Conquer Red Alert went online instead of direct dial modems. When I went to register my name back in Red Alert it required a number. So I added the 9.

This def9 nickname has carried me through my online career in rts, fps games and forums ever since.