View Single Post
01-30-11, 05:54 PM   #31
Mr. Tastix
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Keeping 100% up-to-date, 100% of the time isn't really necessary. Use these programs wisely.
So you're basically stating that MMOUI Minion, the Curse Client, and any other auto-updating client is useless because you, the developer, can't do so much as to keep the files the same between websites?

There's honestly no reason to use these clients if I'm going to have to scan the addon pages, as well as their documentation, to find out if I'm actually using the proper version or not.

Sorry, but I'm not being blamed for your own ineptitude. If you can't be bothered to update your addons across multiple sites (and have the data kept as similar as the site itself allows) then delete the files off one of the sites and only host them on the one site that you actually utilise the most.

This is a heads-up because I know that one of you would probably try and call me out on this:

I am aware that addons are provided "as-is" and it's not your "job" to go out and create tools that are of great convenience to us, but frankly, consistency is a good thing. Whilst I'm grateful for the work developers do, don't try and pass the whole "well the addon doesn't cost you anything" stint on me. If you're only going to put half the effort into something then you may as well not do it at all.

Last edited by Mr. Tastix : 01-30-11 at 05:57 PM.