View Single Post
01-31-11, 12:30 AM   #33
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Not at all. What was said was what was said. Keeping 100% up-to-date, 100% of the time isn't really necessary. You can choose to do it, others may choose not to, certain programs may make it easier to do, other factors may make it harder to do. Plus, there's always factors to consider, apart from just "I've got the most up to date version". Even if 100% of authors kept their addon versions perfectly tracked and updated on all clients, there'd still be issues to consider when updating.
^^ This

I use an email system of updating.

Unless my UI is blowing multi colored chunks over my screen , i don't update.

I glance at the emails for a few select addons but for the most part it can go from anywhere from a week to a month between my addon updates.

I also sit on a few IRC channels where the repo report bots post to. If I see something come up that looks vitally important I'll update.

Different strokes for different folks
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)