View Single Post
07-25-12, 07:14 AM   #4
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sooo, guess there's no interest right now? That's a shame. If anyone were at least curious, though, here's how I'd picture an addon like this in all its glory.

• At the heart of it there should be a configurable keybinding that activates the game's Mouselook function and temporarily overrides a set of configurable keys. That's the bread and butter of the addon, and the extent of the Mouse Combat addon. You hit the key, the camera locks to the mouse while the mouse buttons are free and a selected set of keys (on both the mouse and the keyboard) are temporarily bound to something else until the key is hit again.
  • What bindings are overridden should be possible to change in-game, instead of manually in the Lua files like the few mods that work like this have it. Being able to bind keys to various macros would be a pretty good way to do it, but if it's possible to bind straight to an ActionSlot then that'd be awesome.
  • Dual-spec support would be great. Either that or multiple profiles that can be swapped between manually or automatically.
Other things that don't have to be there but would still be great to have.

• A temporary "free mouse" key that lets go of the camera for as long as the key is held down, so that you can quickly use the interface or just activate an ability not bound to a key without having to toggle the mouse lock entirely.
  • Reticule targeting. Feel free to call me crazy, because this is a crazy idea I got just recently. When the Mouselook function fires, the cursor isn't going anywhere. Would it in theory be possible to let go of mouselook long enough for the mouse to register whatever it's mousing over right now, do an [@mouseover] target and engage mouselook again? If so, it shouldn't be much problem to combine that with a function that draws an on-screen reticule wherever the mouse is at when the camera is locked and in turn have a key to target whatever's in that reticule.