View Single Post
04-21-11, 05:16 AM   #19
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
I, for one, will have to agree with Paprika.

The thought of trying to play this game without the excellent mapping graphics (and other map features) causes me anguish!

My neighbor doesn't use the Carboniteaddon, and when I'm playing the game with him (he on one of his computers, and I am playing on his other computer), trying to navigate the World of Warcraft, and complete quests with Blizzard's default (and nearly-worthless) mapping system, is a royal pain in the butt!

It makes me angry that Blizzard chose NOT to build into their game the many great features that addon authors have devised. Blizzard had the tools (and, presumably the "know how" to do it), but they chose not to.

Carboniteaddon provides so many useful features, that playing without them, would result in far less enjoyment. It would also increase the time to complete quests, dramatically! Just the loss of the Warehouse feature, would be a shock! My memory isn't good enough to keep track of every item on each of my 10 characters, including the items they have in their individual banks. Warehouse does it for me.

The same holds true for using the Auctioneer addon suite. I can't suffer the thought of buying/selling at the AH without knowing the approximate, current Market Value of items in advance. Just blind guesswork (the way Blizzard has it set up).

But, it seems to me that both addons are going to be merly a "fond memory," since neither of them has been updated in months!

Just my "two-cents worth."
Auctioneer is still being updated.. everyday on there main website..
Carboniteaddon get's updated every patch..
So I don't know where you got your info but it's wrg