View Single Post
05-28-16, 12:26 PM   #5
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Profiles issue workaround - Don't Reload

Sorry for the Necro, but I found this post while looking around for new posts since my last visit.

The workaround that prevents resetting Carbonite is choose "Cancel" instead of "Reload UI".

Here is how I finally got all of my alts to start with my preferred basic settings and then copying from one alt to another.

Once you get your favorite settings in order, go to the "Profiles" in Options. If it shows "Default" change it to the alt you are presently on, but do not let Carbonite reload your UI.

Then, log out of the game and back in and check to see if the profile setting shows "youralt-yourrealm". If it does, then you successfully created your personal profile that will become Carbonite's default setting when you switch alts.

Now log out and log into another alt, where you may or may not get Carbonite's default load up behavior. Once you are loaded up, go into profiles which should be at "Default" again. If it is, good because that's what we want for now. If not, change it to "Default" but again don't let Carbonite reload UI. Now, use copy to import your preferred settings from the alt you started with but again don't let carbonite reload. Then log out and back in. The settings you copied from the first alt will take affect when you log back in.

At this point you have now changed Carbonites default settings to your preferred default settings. So now when you log into or create a new alt, Carbonite will load your default profile instead of its "out-of-box" default. From here you can tailor each alts specific settings from your personal default profile.

So the next step after making the necessary changes specific to your new alt, is to change the designation from "Default" to the one named for your new alt and realm but cancelling reload.

Once you have set up all of your alts with their own profiles, back up your "savedvariables" folder in case you need it to get your settings back if you lose them again.

Again I apologize for the Necro, but until the profile settings can be fixed this is the best way I have found to avoid spending more redoing my Carbonite settings rather than playing WoW.

I hope this helps.