Thread: Maps Only
View Single Post
09-30-16, 03:12 AM   #3
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
It appears Rythal is stepping away. I certainly hope the project gets taken over, I know you and ircdirk have helped but it is my understanding that for now only Rythal knows the mapping part well. I've tried other map addons (Mapster, Mappy, Sexy Map, Chinchilla etc.) The issue with all of these is basically the inability to scroll and size the map to extremes like carb does. They all are limited it appears by how far the Blizz minimap scrolls in and out. As I said I use Carb maps like a second minimap and my post was made wondering if just a basic map only addon can be made that does this and would be reasonable to maintain. I know I can install just the Carb Maps addon but again, it may not be updated down the road. The existing Carb maps is very complex, it may be that this is necessary but again I was looking for something as basic as possible but with the features I mentioned. Moveable, sizable, zoomable (mouse wheel support is great) and also always remains open. Heck, I've seen some addons that actually do this except for the always remains open option. Mapster I think was one but that may even be soon abandoned. I think Mapster just modified the Blizz map where as Rythals's seems to be a copy of it.