View Single Post
03-12-24, 12:06 PM   #11
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Hubb777 View Post
I managed to find an addon that makes the required timer.
No you didn't, because the code expects each "event" to run 24/7/365 lasting "duration" seconds repeating every interval seconds without "interuption" (same as your original request on this topic) and now you are asking for something different.

Originally Posted by Hubb777 View Post
Event A - Trial of Elements (interval 1 hour, duration 4 minutes, if event B occurs, event A does not occur)
Event B - Storm's Fury (interval 6 hours, duration 2 hours)
You seem to be confusing yourself by continually calling very different processes "event" and then not considering how those processes might interact.

Possibly:
  • I want to track an event.
  • The event last 4 minutes.
  • There are 2 seperate sessions (A and B) in which the event runs.
  • Both sessions last 6 hours (2 of each session every 24 hours)
  • Session A - The event first runs when the session starts and again every 1 hour (4 minutes event time, 56 minutes wait time repeated over 6 hours).
  • Session B - The event first runs when the session starts and again every 2 hours (4 minutes event time, 1 hour 56 minutes wait time repeated over 6 hours).
  • Each game region has different Session A start times eg.:
Lua Code:
  1. local RegionStartTimes = {
  2.     [1] = 1670338860, -- US
  3.     [2] = "region 2 start time eg. 1670348660",
  4.     [3] = "region 3 start time eg. 1670327460",
  5. --  ...
  6. }
  • Session B start times are caclulated 6 hours after Session A starts.

Maybe that's not it, but knowing what you want and then clearly breaking it down in your own mind before looking for code or translating and asking for help is more likely to get you where you want.

Maybe just, "I want to track game event "xxxxxx" with a waiting/running countdown timer. Does anyone know how the event works and how I might create the countdown for it?". (admittedly less likely to get you what you want because anyone here seriously interested in such a thing would most likely have created an addon for it already)

Good luck.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 03-12-24 at 01:00 PM.