View Single Post
04-21-10, 01:27 PM   #6
ybe
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DropCount version 0.58 is getting very close to release, and will contain these changes (unless something comes up):
o Complete code clean-up (global pollution has been removed)
o Mouse-over works again in the WorldMap. This was bugged after the new quest-system by Blizzard. Now there is the same tooltip from the WorldMap as in the minimap.
o Mouse-over for book-icons will now tell you if you have read it or not (if it is part of the "Well Read" achievement)
o Some additions to the database merge-code now allows for removal of entries. I have already registered a few things that should be removed (like skinning-drop from cows/sheeps/rabbits, and certain erroneous quest-givers), but there may be more in there that I haven't seen. If you see anything strange, please let me know. That could be anything, like drops registered to a mob that does not drop it (like leather from a skinned human) or other weird entries.

The database included will be v4, and at the time of writing it contains:
- 50 books
- 1538 vendors
- 1587 quests
- 4684 item-drops
- 5498 creatures

A note on sending your databases:
Please send your databases even if you do not have a high count of quests, or vendors, or creatures. Chances are that you may for example have more kills for some creatures than the supplied database have, and then your data is important as it will provide better drop-rate info for the creatures in question. All of the supplied databases so far have had some creatures with greatly upgraded drop-data.
Please keep that coming, even if your numbers seem to be low.

To repeat what is needed:
Your global SavedVariables file ("<WoW>/WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables" directory for XP/2000/Linux) named LootCount_DropCount.lua. Send that file to "dropcount|a|ybeweb.com". Please send the entire file without editing, and zip or rar the file if you can.
Send it to "dropcount|a|ybeweb.com". Even if you have sent your data before, you can safely send again at a later time as this will help to keep the drop-rates up to speed for everyone.