Thread: in progress
View Single Post
06-11-14, 01:49 PM   #32
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ObbleYeah View Post
I want - if possible - to add an overlay border texture to the icon in a raid warning; rather than just trim the edges of it. ... I get the feeling it might be a tricky request because it all seems to be handled as a text string - but I'd be happy to hear otherwise.
It's not possible to overlap textures in a font string. You'd have to remove the embedded texture from the string, and then manually create a real texture object, anchor it to the left side of the font string, and set it to display the same texture, and then hide or update it for future messages that included no texture, or a different texture. This would require more than just hooking the AddMessage method -- you'd need to go deeper into the underlying ScrollingMessageFrame architecture of the RaidWarningFrame to access the actual font string object(s). And since those messages are animated -- the "bounce in" effect -- you'd also need to hook into the code doing the animation, and have it animate the texture in addition to the font string. This is all probably more effort than it's worth, by several orders of magnitude.

Last edited by Phanx : 06-11-14 at 02:28 PM.