View Single Post
09-21-08, 12:32 PM   #1
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The 'geared' rant

So today im on my warlock, Just got it to 70 a few days ago and im looking to hit the BRD boss for at chance at some of the drops. I get invited to a group and get tossed because im not 'geared'. Im wearing all blues and one or 2 purples so its not like im in terrible gear. All i can gather is this knucklehead expected only people that had arena/raid gear for a simple 73 elite.

Ive done this fight several times on this toon already and it does NOT need the toons to be 'geared'. I would understand it if were a raid or a rather challenging heroic or even if i were trying to join a very competitive arena team. This mentality is getting worse as well. Its getting to the point where if you dont raid or pvp you will be tossed even from simple instance groups for lack of being 'geared'. It isnt there yet, but its heading that way.

Before some folks get all bent out of shape and accuse me of whining because i 'cant get good gear' keep in mind i fully recognize and accept that there are plenty of times where gear makes a huge difference. Raids, arena teams, certain heroics and so on. My gripe is the increasing frequency where people are insisting on it when its not only unnecessary but laughable.

The only thing that takes the fun out of a great game is people i guess lol.

/end rant

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor