View Single Post
09-22-08, 10:58 PM   #18
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gandoch View Post
Nobody is obliged to take someone with them to do anything in this game.
Originally Posted by Arabeth View Post
If that were true, why do we have LFG??
Listing yourself in the LFG tool does not obligate other people to invite you to their group or take you to an instance. Likewise, when you use the LFG tool to build a group, you are not obligated to bring any particular person who is listed therein.

Originally Posted by littlebuddha79 View Post
You do NOT ... need full epics to have you gear considered "not terrible".
I'm going to have to disagree. If you're wearing more than 1 or 2 blues, your gear is terrible. That said, having terrible gear doesn't necessarily correspond to being a terrible player, any more than driving a sh*tty car makes you a sh*tty person in real life. But in WoW, your personality doesn't matter, only how much you can contribute to the group. If you take two people of equal skill and equal attitude, put one of them in Sunwell epics, and the other in dungeon blues, guess who's going to contribute more to the group? Skill can make up for some gear shortcomings, but it's so easy now to run heroics and pick up great badge gear that there's really no excuse for permanently running around in blues or in Karazhan epics.

I wasn't DPSing the entire time, and I still got TOP DPS in a raid full of players with full epics. All I had was 4 pieces of the Stalker Set(Blue) a couple other random blues from Auchidon, the PVP Crossbow and the lvl 62 engineering goggles(the only 2 purples I had). I'll admit that there were one or two others in the group that were fairly new to raiding as well but all had more experience than I did, and I still out DPS'd everyone there.
That makes no sense. You did no damage, but you did more damage than anyone else? How did your raid accomplish anything without doing any damage?

Anyway, there's not such a huge difference between dungeon blues and Karazhan epics that a small difference in skill can't make up for it.

Originally Posted by GrissomXIX View Post
Unfortunately for most of the new "arena generation" gear is what makes you good. I'm not of that state of mind at all, I prefer people who know how to play their class with skill, not people who depend on the rest of the group to pick up their slack just because they have 'l33t gear' that they stood around in arena for while the rest of their team did all the work.
Arena gear is generally terrible for PvE. I wouldn't touch it on my resto shaman with a ten-foot pole. I don't know why so many of you guys are making it sound like arena gear is the only thing in between dungeon blues and Sunwell epics. Badge gear anyone?

Having a mix of blues and purpoles doesn't make your gear terrible, maybe you're too busy to raid every single night or sit hour after hour in a BG waiting for your honor to climb.
You don't need to have every night free, or sit hour after hour in a BG, to get decent gear. See above.

Just because someone doesn't have full T6 or Sunwell loot it doesn't mean they won't focus more or try harder than Jeb the Arena Whore in a raid.
Why is your PvE raid inviting "Jeb the Arena Whore" in the first place? You'd probably have an easier time of it if you filled your raid with people who want to progress in PvE...