View Single Post
10-11-08, 12:12 PM   #59
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Meldas View Post
Of course it's not. By posting this here you are stealing this sites bandwidth whenever someone is opening the thread? Really?
Do you feel like a thief?

Look, I (and you) cannot steal bandwidth from this site because they are giving it to us for free. I cannot steal something which is free. It's their decision to do so. There is nothing illegal in using their bandwidth.

Btw, your analogy with electricity is wrong. Nobody is paying for the bandwidths of servers except the server owners itself. And they are responsible for the servers finances, nobody else. If it's not profitable they either have to be a nonprofit organization (and somebody else is going to pay the bill) or better don't bring the server online at all.

There is however an unfortunate problem in using their bandwidth. This problem occurs as soon as their business model does no longer work. And, read my lips, I clearly see that loosing this business model would destroy most parts of the Addon community and their distribution chain. However, there is nothing illegal going on here.
You've made it clear that there is no cure for the rectal cranial inversion syndrome you suffer from, nor are you willing to even try to cure it by simply listening to the facts presented. Please, continue to twist the facts as you see them.

This thread is pretty much ran its course I think as nothing beneficial can possibly come from it.