View Single Post
04-26-12, 10:47 PM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Well, an obvious compromise that would make everyone happy would be to add a filter to the category browse page to only show addons for which this is their primary category. This way, someone looking for an addon to help their priest can still see all priest-friendly addons in the Priest class category, but someone looking through different categories just checking out what's new don't have to see the same addon 15 times.
That's actually a pretty good idea Phanx. We're discussing how we could impliment it.

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Don't get me wrong. I was not trying to imply it is a bad thing. As with everything there is a downside. In this case I do not believe the downside to be all that much of an issue. Not to mention moderation of the files has always been well handled so I can't imagine it getting out of hand.

More just building on Nibelheim's point. I honestly don't think enforcing a category would work or even be feasible. As there is too much open to interpretation.

Also, as you stated there is always the new and updated feed. For those that do not know, if you click the show me more link it will include compilations that have been uploaded. So it shouldn't adversely effect those that wish to see what is new and funky.

I just can't help but analyze everything. I still love you girls and guys to death.

Besides I'm a grinch. I probably need to be cynical every so often to remain so.
We love you too, MM, otherwise we'd've kicked you ages ago.

Just kidding. Mostly.