Thread: Carbonite 5.0
View Single Post
09-12-12, 02:09 AM   #70
EmyrB
A Murloc Raider
Wow, the amount of hate towards Faatal is amazing, and uncalled for. First let me get this out there.

Rythal I salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart. You did an excellent job and all us carbonite users sure do owe you a pint of something cold for helping us when patch 5.0.4 hit. What you did goes beyond heoric, it was titanic. As has been noted, you didn't have to do it, but you took it upon yourself to make an excellent addon work with the new patch.

Faatal I also salute you and thank you from the bottom of my heart to come back to a project and update it so people can use it.

To the whiners I say this, have you ever been part of a coding project? If the answer is no, then go and set one up and once you put it out there and get bug reports, feedback and such, try to maintain it. Then one day you will find real life steps up and taps you on the shoulder and gently reminds you of your other commitments, be it a partner, children, a job, whatever. Once you have a busy real life and the coding project isn't your day to day way to eran a crust, then see if you can find the time to maintain it after reading all the whiners comments.

As Faatal said, he doesn't play WoW, so he had no idea that Blizzard had patched it. The same happened for Cataclysm and WoTLK as well. I only hope that Faatal is commited to iron out the bugs, get to know the new API's and figure out how to rework stuff. As to Faatal saying it's their project, that's not a birdie to the community, after all it is their work, which they have spent a lot of time and effort on producing.

That's my 1 pennies worth. Now if you will excuse me, I'm off to wrestle with Patch 5.0.5!