View Single Post
09-12-06, 02:21 PM   #12
TDurden
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Give your scripts more memory

Originally Posted by Tralaix
That said I was poking around the forums because yesterday, out of the blue, I was getting horrid video lag then my screen would freeze and I would get the message, "You have more then 48mb in scripts running, exit now".
Tralaix, it sounds like all you need to do to fix that problem is go into the AddOns screen (where you enable and disable them) and give more memory to your running scripts. The number in the white box in the upper right corner reads "48" now, so increase it to 64, 96 or more to get rid of that error. I personally have mine set at 128 MB since I use a lot of mods, including most of the ones you mention. I haven't had any ill affects from using 128 MB for scripts, I only lag when the entire system does and everyone is complaining about it.

Even the Auctioneer documentation suggests increasing to 64 MB to run it, since it can take up a lot of memory.

Of course, all this assumes you have adequate RAM in your PC, WoW seems to run best with at least 1 GB or more of RAM and a fast video card.