Thread: Angry Post
View Single Post
12-10-09, 06:50 PM   #5
Amenity
Originally Posted by shkm View Post
5 second wait as a pre-made group of tank and healer. No exaggeration, it's blazingly fast.
You speak the truth there. Last night the "Invalid Old Men" (or the "Grumpy Targets" if you prefer...it's the combined forces of the two micro-guilds <Invalid Target> and <Grumpy Old Men>) and I got together to bust out a few 5-mans. I was on my Paladin (Tank/DPS), Grumps' #1 Tiny was on his Druid (Tank/Heals), and my partner in crime Timbo came along (Rogue FTW).

Our other two usual people were...uhh...unavoidably detained elsewhere, so we decide to test out the new LFG system.

No joke...by the time Tiny's message of "I'm putting us in the queue" reached my ears through Ventrilo, it popped up.

I also wonder if it doesn't use your gear as a factor in what role to place you as if you're a hybrid class. The first one we did (Reg HoR), I was declared the Tank and Tiny was declared the Healer (which for both of us are our worst-geared specs). However, in group #2 it placed him as the Tank and me as the DPS, and declared a Shadow Priest (with a Disc off-spec) the healer. Now, his healing gear was not as good as his DPS gear, but it was better than Tiny's healing gear. Tiny's tanking gear beats the ever-lovin' crap outta mine (like, not even close...I'm in mostly reg and H ToC stuff, and he's in mostly ToC10/25 stuff). Then in group #3 it put me as the Tank and Tiny as the Healer, and one of the DPS it provided was a dual-specced Ele/Resto Shaman that only had some (relatively crappy) DPS gear.

Of course, it could have just all been dumb luck...but I think it bears some thinking about.