View Single Post
08-29-12, 04:20 PM   #289
Meorawr
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
Very interesting overhaul of the UI. A very good attempt to improve it.

However, there's a lot more complexity. Parent/child relationships and all that. Will have a larger learning curve. But that's not really the largest issue, from what I can see . . .

The largest issue seems to be navigation. Navigation seems to be most of the design. Breadcrumbs at the top, strange tab-like things on the left and often an accordion UI in the current window. I see what you're trying to do, but I wonder if it could be done with less navigation elements. I'll have to think about it.

One feature I would like is a preview of the sounds when you add sounds to the aura.
Navigation is the biggest issue by a country mile. In fact, it spans galaxies. That's how big it is. The problem is I really, really, really hate scrollframes in WoW. They're a god damn nightmare and there's lovely bugs with them too - so I'm trying to avoid scrolling. I could keep the sidebar and breadcrumbs and drop the rest, but then there's the issue of either needing more pages (a bad idea), or needing scrollframes (a bad idea).

It's an area that needs improvement, but I've tried countless solutions and still not come up with something concrete that fixes everything.

Originally Posted by Arzakohn View Post
Good evening, Apparently the earthgrab totem does not work either when we want to show that he is available. Maybe it is because of the talents seen that it replace another totem.

Good night.
I'll take a look.

Originally Posted by Adalace View Post
The one part of the new UI that I initially found to me most confusing was the accordion navigation. My suggestion to make this navigation more intuitive and noticeable is to add dropdown-style arrows or plus-signs next to each of the accordian headers. This makes it obvious to the user that the header can be clicked on to expand that section.
I'll try and get it done now-ish.

Originally Posted by Adalace View Post
Now for an unrelated question: How do I set a timer to stay hidden until a specific amount of time remains on a buff/debuff? For example, I want a timer and graphic display to appear when the Vampiric Touch debuff on my target gets below 5 seconds duration remaining. I looked at the Custom Duration/Delay page, but I don't understand what anything on that page means.
There's a Support Trigger named 'Timer', set it up so that it tracks the Time Remaining at < 5.

I'm also going to make some navigational changes to that particular section, since clicking through the support triggers one by one completely sucks.

Originally Posted by Dalmasca1 View Post
Am I looking in the wrong place for the Resting trigger?
No, I'm just a dumbass and never included it in the UI. Fixed in the next release.

Originally Posted by galvin View Post
Power auras is starting to bug out. Was going fine until I tried to add a display to my morchok aura. And when I tried to add the timer display to a parent display for morchok it attached it to a different one. During this time, a stacks on one of my older displays changed it size on its own.

Here is a link to my save file, go to morchok one add add timer, then try to attach the timer to the morchok texture display, it shouldn't work.

I'm in a jam since I can't add more auras. Also the aura editor that picks a parent display looks like its bugging out as well. Scroll up and down the display boxes shift around.

Edit: I downloaded rc3 version. Bug still persists though.

http://pastebin.com/xmHQaqZE
That sounds awesomely bad. I'll take a look, thanks for the report.

Last edited by Meorawr : 08-29-12 at 04:22 PM.