View Single Post
05-30-13, 05:32 PM   #16
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by reative_pl View Post
It's no problem to make this idea in Weak Aura, really easy... But... i don't like concept. You have low life and you don't see 50% screen because you see only some blood graphics? Some sound, some pulsing screen corners ?! ...and you die, and say WTF was that?! Some sh** addon! Then maybe I turn off this in pvp? ...and in raids... and instances... and... nah, that was sh** addon - most people say.

But i like concept with pulsing screen corners and a heartbeat sound. I do this. Some low pulsed corners and sound - nothing more. Will be nice addon ,to say: "Hey! You have low HEALTH!"
Yeah, what I actually meant is something more appropriate. Like some pulsing bloody textures on the edges of the screen. Fading in some more layers/textures the lower you get. Since animating flowing blood is off the table this is probably as close at it gets to get the feeling of flooding your screen with red juice.

Just watched some Let's plays of some survival shooters (Metro First Light and Resident Evil 6) and it's pretty much exactly doing what I had in mind for such an addon.

TLDR; the way BloodyScreen fades in and out some textures is visually neat. Just the position and condition that triggers it is kinda off.

The splatter in the middle of the screen is definitely not good for a fun gameplay experience in the long run.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."