View Single Post
09-22-08, 08:33 PM   #16
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Unfortunately for most of the new "arena generation" gear is what makes you good. I'm not of that state of mind at all, I prefer people who know how to play their class with skill, not people who depend on the rest of the group to pick up their slack just because they have 'l33t gear' that they stood around in arena for while the rest of their team did all the work.

Having a mix of blues and purpoles doesn't make your gear terrible, maybe you're too busy to raid every single night or sit hour after hour in a BG waiting for your honor to climb. That doesn't make you a bad player and the people who think otherwise are ignorant and arrogant. See below;

Originally Posted by Gandoch
But you can't contribute the same way as any other person with moderately decent gear when you're wearing rags. Nobody is obliged to take someone with them to do anything in this game.
And how does the stereotype perpetuate itself, by the above comment. Just because someone doesn't have full T6 or Sunwell loot it doesn't mean they won't focus more or try harder than Jeb the Arena Whore in a raid. Usually it's quite the opposite, as I stated before most people with less than full epics usually try harder and listen better than the amazingly geared assclowns. I've seen it and I'm currently witnessing it in the guild I'm in now.