Thread: WOW Heroes
View Single Post
11-19-09, 06:08 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
Hey man, did you even TRY entering "Gearscore" in the search box?

You know, I did
He already uses gearscore but the score from that is different from the wow-heroes one. I know this as I used gear score once myself and it shows different information.

To the OP.

Formulae for the different score systems are most often calculated differently. They will start off with the item score but then at some add a number based on rarity of the item and that number can vary between developers of said addon/feature. The only way you would get wow-heroes values in an addon is if they wrote it themselves as only they would know the definitive value.

If you need an in game evalulator stay with gear score or look for similar ones. Otherwise do what we did. Alt tab out and check the website. However, bear in mind that the website is based on gear they logged out with last and some people may have switched to PVP gear for a bit between raiding and logging out.

I always stressed to my raid leader that we can only use it as a guide. If we can see they are a fresh 80 .. then no Ulduar etc and point them to Naxx or heroics to gear up. Even if someone wasn't shown as ready for Ulduar etc quite yet I pulled them in.

Gear is not everything but it helps. Skill and knowing your classes abilities and function in a group is better And this is coming from someone after levelling and raiding with 3 different healers, 2 different casters and found that she was best with a shaman healer. My priest and mage dps were always the lowest despite having the highest priest gearscore in the guild :P My priest and druid healing was terrible .. the priest more so apparently. Brought the shaman in and everyone was happy and I was repeatedly told I had found my comfort zone

Edit: Rofl, and I see haste beat me to some of the replies while I was typing my essay out .. rofl

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818