View Single Post
04-16-11, 01:56 PM   #1
Griezz
Premium Member
How do we update gathering nodes?

There have been a number of times where I will be flying over an area and suddenly see a node (mining or herb) where none had been previously (at least, according to all the nodes shown in Carbonite.) Granted, a few may have been missed, but I notice that, after I land, gather from the node and leave, that the "new" node STILL isn't represented in Carbonite's node list.

First, how are we supposed to update node lists? With other programs, such as GatherMate, they have (at minimum) weekly updates for their node lists for gathering professions. I don't think I've ever seen one from Carbonite.

Second, should Carbonite not be able to "learn" that "new" nodes exist, to be added to its existing list?

Third and just as important, how about being able to delete bad nodes? As an example, if I go to Twilight Highlands, look at the area's nodes and create a route, there are two areas where the route always takes me OUTSIDE of the zone into Loch Modan or Wetlands, directing me to crap nodes for Tin Ore or Briarthorn. This happens in the area around the gateway leading from Wetlands to the roadway leading to Grim Batol, as well as the area around the Twilight Highlands' elementium mine, which always seems to dip into Loch Modan. This is not cool and a waste of my time. Another reason that I would like to see the ability to delete bad nodes is when those recorded nodes seem to be spawning inside terrain and therefore inaccessible. I have had such nodes appear in Twilight Highlands and in Deepholm... and, yes, I checked, but there are no mines in the immediate area. The brightness of the flashing dot indicates that it is supposed to be "above ground" anyways. We should be able to remove those nodes since they are useless.

Finally, could an arrangement be made with the folks behind Gatherer or Gathermate where you could import their gather node data into your own database?