View Single Post
02-26-24, 08:50 AM   #6
thepariah
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Are you wanting an addon that only wants Dragonriding ONLY mounts ( the ones you can ONLY get in Dragonflight zone ) in a random shuffle or dynamic flight able mounts ?

The changes Blizzard are implementing ( some already done ) is the ability to turn on and off the dynamic flight ability for other mounts and not just the dragonriding dragons we initially started with in Dragonflight.

For example: Some of the old world dragons will have the ability to use dynamic flight ( dragonriding ) and old school flight (able to stop midflight ).

And they plan to expand the ability to other flying mounts that aren't able to immediately utilise the dynamic flight system due to their visual makeup ( such as the magic carpet ).

Looking at the MountJournal API

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/API_C_...tMountInfoByID

They added isForDragonriding variable to the return values. This would likely be added to the other mounts once they have been set up to work with the dragonriding system.
Yeah, essentially I want to be able to summon a random mount capable of dragonriding using a button. With the planned changes, the list of those capable will be growing. So ideally the addon would use a function like what you shared, but if to get it to work we need to select them, I'm okay with that as well. Ultimately, there may be folks who want a subset of dragonflight-capable mounts to be selected from within the total population so supporting that long-term would be good, but certainly not a requirement for what I need. I don't mind giving equal attention to all the dragonflight-capable amounts with such an addon.