View Single Post
05-04-13, 12:05 PM   #1
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[Tut]- How to set up herbs/nodes in Carbonite (with pictures and everything!)

I'm writing this tutorial with the hopes it will make things easier for people who have just started using Carbonite.

In this tutorial I will cover Carbonites Gathering functions.

I'm going to assume that the Carbonite maps have been integrated with the Blizzard map - making one map.

Carbonite does not come with the nodes/herbs already loaded in a new install... You have to import them yourself...
To do this, follow these steps...

1, Right click anywhere in the map and select options...

2, Click the little + next to carbonite and go to the "guide and gather" section and click the gather options tab.
In here, import all 3 herbs, mines and misc. This information is then added to carbonite across all your characters.

Now we have that information loaded, we need to get Carbonite to show it to us. To do this follow these steps..

1, Right click the map again and this time click "show"

Select what you want to show on Carbonite's map (mines/herbs) and it will add the nodes to your map.
In this next picture you can see I have imported the mining nodes...

Now for the important bit..

Carbonite has all these nodes on the map, but at the moment you are not tracking them.. This means that if a node is nearby it will NOT show up on the map! -This is the main problem I come across when "fixing" people's problems...

It's very simple to fix...

First, make sure you have trained your gathering skill... lol

Then find your magnifying glass icon on the Carbonite button bar and left click it, select "track minerals/herbs"

This will show a yellow circle when you get within range of an active node. (You should see it in the picture.. There is also a node that was not in the database just to the right of my position.)

Carbonite can also make you a route to follow to gather those nodes quickly...

To do this, go to the area you want to gather in and open the map so it is large...

Right click the map and select route then "current gather nodes"

Carbonite will then use it's built in waypointing system and draw you a route to follow...

I hope this guide helps someone and comments and suggestions are welcome..

JJB

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 05-07-13 at 08:57 AM.