View Single Post
07-07-17, 08:09 AM   #12
SushiAce
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
TY But I have a lot more to do T_T

As for Blizz UI UX, TBQH, I don't think that default UI is THAT out of date, it's kinda optimised for kb+mouse users and clickers in particular. It defo doesn't work for controller users, hence MunkDev's remarks about micromenu and other things.

My biggest gripe w/ default UI is inconsistency in their design decisions: shapes, transitions, style of UI elements. Some of newer additions to their UI are made in so-called "flat" style (nameplates, although it's halfassed flat style), others rock classic RPG-ish theme. Some elements fade/slide in and out, others are just shown and hidden instantaneously, etc.

These things are REALLY bad/sad/annoying.

But yeah, creating your own UI for any product (WoW, your own game, someone else's project, etc) is an awesome journey.

-- edit #1

As for your question in the title: "how to stay happy w/ your UI", just do what you want. It's your own project, it's a hobby, don't let others to dictate what you have to add/remove, suggestions are fine and welcome, demands are not. If your UI is a publicly available project, learn to say no, it's really important and will help you a lot
Thanks for your input

But sadly I won't use this knowledge - at least in WoW anymore, as I won't be playing for a long time :/

So basically this thread can be closed - thanks for all of your replies again!