Thread: 8.1.1 How to?
View Single Post
07-16-11, 03:23 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
Thanks for your huge feedback.

The procedure to backup/restore that you give, is the good one.

maybe better to skip this question and force install this part?
I have never thought about this. Let me see how to enable this panel only when there is a new OOBE different to WoWRDX.

We are forced in WoWRDX desktops, windows, all disabled Blizz features and so on.
As expected, but I don't need them, so.. what should I do on this step?
The WoWRDX OOBE must be install. The WoWRDX package contains some common objects, which is need by RDX. Having these packages will not consume any CPU and make you lost FPS.

Why I ask.. when I right click on RDX mini button by default i still see only WOWRDX windows in list. I still can click top-right mini button in window to see all windows in all packages, but not sure it works right in my case.
The concept of the new RDX8.1 is the usage of the theme.
When you load a theme, only windows of this theme are available.

I strongly recommend to create your own AUI package.
(Duplicate a existing package which contains a autodesk script)
You must keep the names of all the windows objects, there are very important. Then transfer your designs into this new package.
Create only one package and store all your windows inside.

miss Close option in drop down menu, it was maybe most used option for me;
The close option has been removed, because a lot of people closed theirs windows and then they did a reloadUI, thinking windows will come back.
This is why I put the window list in this way. It is easier for new people to understand the window list.

do not see why you need Clone in hot list, it should be the same way as Duplicate in package explorer imho, you need it once when you create your UI(not very important, let it be maybe, but will look too similar to Close, Hide maybe?);
About the clone link, yes it is a good point to move it into the explorer.

do not like this popup Desktop manager window every time when I just need to move some window a bit.. but meh..(maybe make it as an option or from menu?);
No, I will let this menu like this for the moment.

better to make Desktop manager window such way that window list takes right side from top to bottom and other options are aside, wish to see more windows without using scroll so much. Well not sure if it will be fine for low res desktops, but still.. in my wish list(ps: or maybe to make it the same way as package explorer works? you choose categories and have options for them on the right side);
The desktop manager will be too big.

can you make some quick hot key for package explorer on miniRDX button please (with alt or ctrl maybe)?
Yes I can.

is there some way to keep blizz frame manager options? I loose them with each update.
Settings have been reset only with 8.1. That will not change anymore.

Cheers