View Single Post
06-10-09, 02:45 PM   #29
Tearstar
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
would be alot easier if I could just create a few of my own folders in the Addons folder, name them things like

Priest
Hunter
DK
Maps
Quests
UnitFrames

drop in a few of my own .toc files in those folders, have the addons in the right category folder

then expanding that you get a list of the addons included in that suggested setup and the ability to check or uncheck the addons there in the list.

I know that addons have subfolder (dependent plug-ins) which have similar functionality, my problem is they all show up in the addon list individually and I can't make a heiarchy menu before loggin in, so I figured color-coding them would be the simplist and most effective way of catagorizing the list of 300+ addons.

But when I choose my character for login I could just click Priest if my character is a priest, expand maps, toggle on Cartographer, toggle off SimpleMiniMap, toggle on SexyMap

I think you see where that was going, would be a good idea and the best way to do it, then I wouldn't need any permissions, but I see no way to do that . . . So I came up with a viable co-operative alternative to try to help satisfy everyone with staying with as many "as-is" addons as I can

Magelo Profile
My Myspace
My Youtube Channel

My First Video I made for my kids - please comment and/or rate